duminică, 18 iulie 2010

Waters And Gilmour To Work Together Again?

There could be more live collaborations between Roger Waters and David Gilmour
Following their surprise on stage reunion last weekend, in aid of the Hoping Foundation, Waters has said this might not be a one-off. Writing on his Facebook page, the former Pink Floyd leader said the idea for the get together a week ago came from Gilmour (a big supporter of the Hoping Foundation), and that he had taken some persuading to do it. After Gilmour suggested they do the Teddy Bears’ classic To Know Him Is To Love Him, at first Waters felt that this might be beyond his capabilities: “Some weeks passed with David cajoling me from time to time, telling me how easy it would be, but I clung resolutely to my fear of failure until one day he made one final entreaty. I quote, ‘If you do To Know Him Is To Love Him for The Hoping Foundation Gig, I’ll come and do C. Numb on one of your Wall shows”. 


Well! You could have knocked me down with a feather. How fucking cool! I was blown away. How could I refuse such an offer. I couldn’t, there was no way. Generosity trumped fear. And so explaining that I would probably be shite, but if he didn’t mind I didn’t, I agreed and the rest is history. We did it, and it was fucking great. End of story. Or possibly beginning.” http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/waters-and-gilmour-to-work-together/